Summer camp for teenagers
We are organising a special week for teenagers from 21 to 26 August 2023. This will take place at Micklepage, a beautiful 14th century farmhouse in Sussex, with a barn chapel.
The week will include:
- A day of raft building and racing and kayaking at Southwater Watersports Centre
- Cycling in the beautiful South Downs
- Team sports
- Daily Mass and opportunities for prayer
- A pilgrimage to The Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation, West Grinstead
- A visit to Worth Abbey, where we will pray with the monks and have the opportunity to meet one of them.
- We will have young people from the UK and from France taking part – a great opportunity to get to know young Catholics from another Country
Practical information The accommodation is in two separate buildings, the farmhouse and former barn. Participants will share rooms with other young people of the same gender. Blanket and pillow are provided, but participants need to bring their own sheets, pillowcases and towels.
We will provide transport by minibus from Taunton, leaving from St George’s Church at 8am on Monday 21 August and returning at about 9pm on Saturday 26 August.
The leadership team for the retreat are:
Sophie Galloy is a teacher from France and a consecrated member of the Institute of Notre Dame de Vie.
She has extensive experience of running these weeks for young people.
Albert Giraudier is a student from France. He holds the BAFA (Brevet d’Aptitude aux Fonctions d’Animateur) qualification from the French government for running summer camps for young people.
Kanar Iessa is a student from London, with a deep faith and joy in Christ.
Hazel and Jess Ramos are parishioners in Taunton and help to run Youth for Christ.
Fr Tom Dubois is parish priest of the Taunton Vale Catholic Churches.
For more information about the camp or to sign up, please complete the contact form below and we’ll send you a booking and consent form: